Choosing the right prospect, to invest your sales energies, is one of the biggest execution challenges. All of us have heard and read volumes, about importance of TIME. Wisdom of time is the key, to build any successful sales career.
Through this article, I wish to share my observations of investing our sales energies at the right prospect.
- Choosing the right prospect, for making first level contact and decision to invest more sales energies on that particular prospect, is as key as, defining our target customers, at strategic level.
- Choosing wrong prospect to invest your energies, will be a double loss. 1. Your sales energies go in vain, 2. You loose an opportunity to focus on, truly potential prospect.
- We hardly witness over 20/30% conversion of prospect to order in many situations, because, we don’t choose our prospect scientifically.
Principles of choosing the right prospect to invest your sales energies:
Finding a fit between product life cycle and customer class
- Your prospect selection should be based on your product or organization stage.
- The class of customers you must be focusing on at each stage is mentioned in Image A.
- Please read more on the class of customers to understand the nature of each class of customer.
Core Benefit Analysis:
- Keep evaluate the prospect based on the core benefit. Do they really reduce significant pain by choosing our offerings or do the enjoy enough pleasure?
- The ultimate benefit of any product or service is based on two core emotional benefits: Pain and Pleasure. The benefit analysis can be done at various levels. One such example is mentioned below, for two different offerings: 1. Audit firm offering Compliance Service 2. A Cafe offering chocolate tea.
- The insights from the above analysis, can also be used to define the one of our sales and marketing communication.
Choose prospect based on facts and data not on convenience or mere hope
- Many fail as, most of our choices made, are based on convenience or assumptions or hope but not on logic, facts and data.
- Mandate profiling of existing customers and learn their different characteristics to improve your definition of new prospects. If you don’t have any existing clients, start with the core benefits of your offering and define the prospect profile and characteristics.
- Encourage your teams to invest time in collecting more facts about your prospect that satisfies the characteristics of your existing customer or target customer.
Choosing a prospect based on convenience, is waste of time; Choosing a prospect based on assumptions / hope is, spend of time; Choosing a prospect based on data and facts, is investment of time.
Hope you find this article worth reading.
#sales #customer #prospect #TheSalesExperiements #MRSalesLab
NAPS2 is completely free to use for both individuals and businesses, and includes no ads or unwanted software
Scan with a single click
Easily scan with your chosen settings, or set up multiple profiles for different devices and configurations. Once you’ve finished scanning, you can save, email, or print with only a couple clicks. Save to PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or other file types.
Compatible with both WIA and TWAIN
Choose the driver that works best with your scanner, as well as settings like DPI, page size, and bit depth. Scan from a glass flatbed or an automatic document feeder (ADF), including duplex support.
Rotate, crop, and rearrange scanned images
Order your pages however you like, including tools to interleave duplexed pages. Easily rotate your pages at right angles, or straighten them at any angle you like. Use image editing tools to crop or change brightness and contrast.
Identify text using OCR
Search through text included in your PDFs by using optical character recognition (OCR), in any of over 100 languages.
Visit the download page:
This is one of the best messages, I have read
1. No matter how beautiful and handsome you are,
just remember Baboon and Gorillas also attract tourists.
2. No matter how big and strong you are;
you will not carry yourself to your Grave.
3. No matter how tall you are;
you can never see tomorrow.
4. No matter how Light Skinned you are;
you will always need light in Darkness.
5. No matter how Rich and many Cars you have;
you will always walk to Bed.
“One day, Death encountered a man and told him:
– Today’s your last day.
The man replied:
– But I am not ready!
– Your name is at the top of my to-do list for today.
The man said:
– Alright then… before you take me along, let’s sit together and have one last cup of coffee.
– Of course.
The man offered a cup of coffee to Death; the coffee was laced with some sleeping pills…
Death drank the coffee and soon it was fast asleep…
The man took Death’s to-do list, wiped his name from the top and placed it at the bottom of the page.
When Death woke up, it said:
– You’ve treated me so kindly and with full of love today. I would like to reciprocate you by starting my today’s work from the names at the bottom of my list.”
Sometimes some things are written in your fate. No matter how hard you may try to change them, they never change…
A guy was baptized and dipped in water 3 times.
After the third dip, the Priest said: “You are now baptized, you are a new creation. The old one is gone, no more drinking of alcohol for you. Your new name is Gomes.”
Gomes went back home and headed straight for the fridge. He took a Kingfisher Beer, dipped it in water 3 times and said: “You are now a new creation, the old one is gone. Your new name is Green Tea!”
A crow lived in the forest and was absolutely satisfied in life.
But one day he saw a swan.
“This swan is so white,” he thought, “and I am so black.
This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.”
He expressed his thoughts to the swan.
“Actually,” the swan replied, “I was feeling that I was the
happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colours.
I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation.”
The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained,
“I lived a very happy life until I saw a peacock. I have only
two colours, but the peacock has multiple colors.”
The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that
hundreds of people had gathered to see him.
After the people had left, the crow approached the peacock.
“Dear peacock,” the crow said, “you are so beautiful.
Every day thousands of people come to see you.
When people see me, they immediately shoo me away.
I think you are the happiest bird on the planet.”
The peacock replied,
“I always thought that I was the most beautiful and
happy bird on the planet. But because of my beauty,
I am entrapped in this zoo. I have examined the zoo very carefully,
and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage.
So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow,
I could happily roam everywhere