The reason behind stomach heat is excess consumption of spicy food. Foods like prawns, nuts, meats, hot drinks like coffee, wine and spirits have adverse effects on your stomach. Consumption of cigarettes, alcohol and hot foods leads to the problem of fire in your stomach. If this stomach problem is not taken seriously then it can burn stomach fluids and harm stomach substances.
Symptoms Of Stomach Heat:
- Early Symptoms: Heat is known for it’s drying nature so it will burn the stomach fluids causing thirst, dry mouth and constipation. When the dryness becomes chronic then problems like dry mouth, throat stool and no desire to drink will occur.
- The heat in the stomach reduces your appetite and you feel full even after eating very little. This is because there are not enough stomach juices to process the food. Stomach problems like these can get very chronic causing further problems like fever.
- The stomach heat can cause gastric pain which will lead to burning sensation. This will lead to stomach acidity and gastritis. As the heat, of stomach burns up the energy and easily digest the consumed food you tend to feel hungry constantly. Stomach heat will in turn cause problems like regurgitation, nausea and vomiting. The fire in your belly leads to bad breadth, bleeding and painful gums.
Treatment of stomach problems
- The best way to treat the fire in your stomach is, to stop consuming hot food and drinks. You need to cool down the stomach heat and nourish the stomach lining. Digestive foods ‘which are cool’ in nature like cucumber, avocado, spinach and lettuce must be consumed. Fruits like mango, bananas and pineapples must be added in your diet. Peppermint is also very beneficial to treat nausea caused by stomach heat. Prevention of stomach acidity by consuming raw cabbage juice is a good idea.
- Stomach fire is caused by excess acidity in the stomach. Acidity problems leads to indigestion and that leads to acid regurgitation. In this case you must consume more of alkaline foods like oats and rice, drinks like green tea.
- The way to distinguish whether you have acidity problem is to check if you have white spots on your fingernails. The best way to cure heat problems in your stomach is to increase the intake of fluids like fruit juices, soups made from green vegetables and green tea. These foods help in curing damaged fluids and stomach substances.
- Another way of preventing stomach heat, is deep breathing exercise. Take deep breaths till your stomach. Then try breathing with your stomach than your lungs. Mentally imagine that your breath has become cool and rejuvenating. Feel the freshness, of cool breath in your stomach. This will reduce your heart burn and stomach problems.