One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.
At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone’s amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. with each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up!
Shake it off and take a step up.
Enough of that rubbish . . . The donkey later came back, and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him.
The gash from the bite got infected and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.
The new moral :
When you do something wrong, and try to cover it up, it always comes back to bite you.
1. Avoid the next quarrel: Never lose temper at the same time. Don’t let the sun set on your quarrels (Never prolong fights if at all started). It is OK to say “I am sorry”
2. Do not expect perfection from your spouse: Marriage is coming together of two imperfect beings. Don’t expect wife or husband to like this or that, accept them as they are.
3. Be a Good Listener: Think before speaking, it is a good idea to weigh before you speak. You are master of unspoken words but slave of spoken words. Better than listening from ear is listening through mind (with attention) and better than that is listening from heart.
4. Be a good forgiver: Some people forgive but they keep the memory alive or they forgive conditionally. Forgiveness should be complete and unconditional.
5. Grow in the spirit of humility: Be humble. Egos bring arrogance which divide and separate people.
6. Learn the art of appreciation: We all like to be appreciated. Always appreciate in front of others. Never criticize in a company of friends and relatives, you will get opportunities in privacy.
7. Do not argue: Winning love and friendship is far greater than winning an argument. It is OK to discuss with a open mind. Learn to win love and affection rather than arguments.
8. Develop healthy sense of humor: Learn to laugh and be cheerful. It is a great tonic for healthy living and being accepted by friends. It is important to laugh with others and NOT at others.
9. Always lend a helpful hand: You will win over if you have this attitude of offering a helpful hand with or without asking.
10. Bring GOD back into your home: This is one of the most important one. Have a common time for prayers. It brings families together. Families that pray together stays together.