- There are 1,011 billionaires around the world in 2010, up from 793 last year. Of those 89 are women, up from 72 in 2009.
- There were 611 billionaires who increased their wealth in the past year. The fortunes of 62 fell, while 77 stayed even.
- There are 403 billionaires in the United States with a net worth of $1.3 trillion; this is up from 359 in 2009 and a value of $1.1 trillion.
- There are 248 billionaires in Europe with a net worth of $1 trillion, up from 196 billionaires last year with a fortune of $665 billion.
- In the Asia-Pacific region there are 234 billionaires worth $729 billion, compared with 130 billionaires in 2009 valued at $357 billion.
- The Middle East and Africa have 65 billionaires with a fortune of $181 billion, up from 58 last year worth $156 billion.
- The Americas (excluding the United States) accounts for 61 billionaires with a net worth of $304 billion, compared with 50 billionaires last year valued at $175 billion.
- There are 97 billionaires making their debut in 2010.
- Thirty people have dropped off the list from last year, another 13 died, and 164 returned to the billionaire ranking.