* First of all we must be determined to remain slim and work towards it. Develop a mind set towards it.
* Set realistic goals.
* Make lifestyle changes like giving up alcohol, smoking, avoiding fatty food, refined food,…
* Include fresh foods as far as possible as processed foods tend to contain high level of salt and sugar
* Do not expect immediate results.
* Never go for crash diets instead reduce weight gradually and slowly.
* Never skip meals as you tend to eat more, the next meal. Do not skip breakfast in particular.
* Include lot of fiber in your diet as it gives a feeling of fullness, thereby preventing you from gorging spicy and fatty food.
* Nuts contain lot of fiber .They are satisfying and cause people to eat less at meal time.
* Take warm lime juice mixed with honey the first thing in the morning.
* Go for skimmed milk.
* As far as possible avoid weight loss supplements.
* When you have cravings for sweets, take a fruit instead.
* When you have cravings for certain type of food like chocolates or ice cream, once in a while, you can take in small quantities .
* Take fruits and vegetables which has lot of water content like watermelons, cucumbers and white pumpkin.
* Keep yourself engaged as boredom leads to overeating.
* Drink lot of water, at least 8 glasses per day.
* Use the stairs instead of lift. Park the car a little far away and walk to your office. Use every opportunity to be physically active.
* Walk, Walk and Walk as much as possible .Even if you are busy, go for walk at least 5 days a week.
* Aerobic exercise like jogging, swimming, cycling, running accelerates weight loss. Consult a physician before starting any weight loss program. Aerobic exercise combined with healthy eating will certainly help in weight reduction.
* Make your exercise session enjoyable.
* Keep yourself free of stress
* Finally, weight loss is a slow process, so do not get disappointed and give up.