* HIV can *never survive in any other liquid* medium also other than blood or semen (& please for God sake … never in Pani Puri wala pani)
* Even if one drinks an HIV infected blood (or semen) of someone (ingest through Gastro Intestinal track), the virus can not survive in The acidic pH of stomach*. Highest extent of acidity is 0 (practically not possible) so imagine 1 as pH which is in our stomach. (This pH can burn your own finger in less than a second if you dip in that acid).
* Exposure of less than 1 second in AIR KILLS the HIV virus*(hence story of needle pricks in Cinema theatres is a crap). Even if blood from a wound (of infected person) dries up (*blood clot*), *the virus dies*and can not infect anyone else
* HIV transmission is *ONLY* an *INFECTION* i.e.entrance of virus in one’s body. It *DOES NOT MEAN AIDS*.
* An HIV-infected person (after entrance of virus) can progress to a condition of AIDS only after *8 to 10 YEARS *(not in 15 days as in the Pani Puri story)
* It is *not HIV (virus) that kills a human* ……the virus attacks immune cells (cells that fight against foreign pathogens/antigens) and hence a person’s ability to fight against infections & diseases slowly diminishes and person ultimately dies of a disease which could be as simple as TB
* Most importantly, HIV is no longer a dreadful disease … it is “*CHRONIC MANAGEABLE DISEASE*” just like Diabetes or Hypertension.
* If there is anything you need to be careful from to prevent HIV is Unsafe sex*, *Blood transfusion* (check before taking) /Blood donation (use sterilized needles only) and any *blood contact during an accident *or so where amount of bleeding is very high. spread this message to avoid rumors and to educate people.
– Written by Mr. Mayank, Ranbaxy.